Sunday, July 09, 2006

we went lounge lizarding and enjoyed it immensely. but it brought home the realisation how old i am. sitting in a corner with friends listening to music (though of hideously pathetic quality - the attraction of the evening being jungle life, remember tarzaan?) is one thing. actually a very pleasant thing. the mojito was perfect, the old people were tucked away into a corner and the bartender was an awesome kid. the mjusic made us feel like we were back on those long ago summer afternoons with musical bandbox on the radio.

but then we went club-hopping to notch up our cool quotient. and THAT was an eye-opener. crawling into a floor packed with thirty thousand seventeen year olds with ear splitting bollywood music and a non-waning affection for himesh is something i do NOT want in my life. The Southern Wonder and Cow salsaed some, half heartedly - but it still was a very pretty sight. Attempts to teach me the moves failed somewhat, though i slithered and twirled with some grace ( i thought) before tripping over my right foot. watched the last bit of the game perched besides PDA aficionados who were trying to trace patterns on each others tonsils.
anyway, feeling tired, disgusted, claustrophobic and paying for it just made no sense.

crawling back home at ungodly hours saw to it that my sunday was spent in a daze and there's only so many hours left to blue bloody monday. if there's any justice there should be a mandatory five day week in India , and a chip installed in my brain that shuts down my physical processes when i attempt to do whatever would have been a "cool" thing to have done ten years back. i have grown up and the realisation makes me smug, but what is left is for me is to catch up with myself.