Thursday, May 04, 2006

i've been told i'm a cranky person. i beg to differ. i always thought i had a sunny disposition. then i thought a bit more. this could be true. i have a strategy. i pick two or three random things to be pissed off about. not heavy-weight stuff, just things to bitch about, like my recent schtik with gym and the heat. that frees me up to be happy about most other things. isn't it horrible?
speaking of the first one, i went in pretty early this morning thanks to a hideously cheerful SW and his blessed phone. it wasn't actually that bad. i feel better if i work out.
the second one is something that is sapping the life-blood out of me. three minutes in the sun is enough to make me feel like i'm burning alive. i'm seriously considering quitting smoking. stepping out of the office is an ordeal.
i also feel like killing my progenitor. he sneakily plants himself in the guest room before i can and turns the ac on full blast. then he has the gall to tell me i can sleep on the cot in the corner if i don't bother him too much. then, he falls asleep in three seconds and snores, sometimes even louder than M. then after a couple of hrs, he feels too cold and goes back to his room, considerately banging the door on his way out. in between there is heavy tossing and turning, muttering inaudible things and randomly waking up to ask me questions about a long forgotten pierre nora. when will i die? death clock gives me a different answer every time i ask.
the cosmos conspires against me. i now have a full arm of heat rashes on my right arm as well, rashes are bigger, redder, splotchier and much more closely spaced. hope this makes you happy mycotoxin.